Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Kurta Shopping

It's been a little while since I have blogged.  I have been very busy and the internet connection and power are very sketchy here most of the time.  I'm going to start again, but will go back a week to last Saturday.
Stephanie and I asked some of the batch # 1 students to take us kurta shopping!  They were so nice to do so and two of them met us at Patan Hospital gates.  We jumped on the micro-bus to head into Kathmandu and Bhag Bazaar.  They took us to a new mall where we tried on so many kurtas!  It was so much fun and everyone was so helpful. 

Here are some of the kurtas that we tried on in the first store:












It was a lot of fun.  We decided to try on many kurtas that we knew we would not buy just for fun.  So some of the above are pretty funny...

Then we moved on to the next store and here are the ones we tried on:


We bought these ones!!











We ended up choosing the first ones that we tried on in the second store!  We wore them to PAHS on our last day and students coudn't stop staring at us!  They are so comfortable!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun and they look fabulous on the two of you! Next time I'm in Kathmandu I'll buy myself one. :)

    What are the kurtas made of? Silk or cotton?

    Jane, it's so great you were able to retrn to PAHS!

    Namaste,


    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You should have bought it at the beginning of the trip to be more comfortable in the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking so cute in this Kurta, I will surely buying this Kurta for my girl friend. Thanks for sharing.

    codigo promocional viaje

    ReplyDelete