Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good bye Kathmandu!

Well, this will likely be my last entry from Nepal.  My ride comes to pick me up at 10 am and I am getting on my first plane of many before I get home tomorrow (Saturday) night.  It has been a great time and I will really miss this country, city, medical school and all of the people I have worked with, taught and met here.  It seems like I have been here a long time and yet not long enough.  It will be great to get home and see my cats and my house and my bed (!) and my friends.  And then I head to Toronto for a conference and a visit with my sister and her family and celebrate my 40th.  Hard to believe!

Thanks for following me on this journey and I will continue to add things after I get home.  It was hard to have the power (with 16 hour daily power cuts), the internet and the time to write everything that I wanted to, so there will be more to come!  I will definitely be adding more photos.

Thanks to everyone at PAHS who made this such a great experience and made me feel comfortable and welcome and part of the team.  It was so great to be a small part of such a great project.  I am really looking forward to coming back next year to see how things have progresses, changed and grown.  It will be really great to see the students!

Thanks to AHED for providing the bulk of the funding to get me here as a volunteer.  I so very much appreciated your support and commitment to higher education in the developing world.

No comments:

Post a Comment