Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Last day teaching at PAHS


Well today was my last day of teaching at PAHS. It was so sad and hard to say good-bye to the students. They were so sweet.
As you know, I am sick. So I just could not get up and go to PBL or my lecture. Katie stepped in for me. Thanks so much to her! Right after her lecture the students asked her if I would be in. I knew they were planning something for Katie and I to say good-bye. So I dragged myself in and went to the case wrap-up. I am so glad I did. It took a lot out of me but it was worth it in the end. They had us stand at he front of the class and applied tika to our foreheads-lots of it-then gave us each a pashmina, a scarf, a Nepali flag, a Buddha carving, a PAHS t-shirt and a kukri keychain. They had 2 students come up and present each thing. It was lovely. Then we had to say a few words. It was sweet and sad to have to leave them. I promised I would be back next year. I intend to be.
I am home now, still feeling sick and surprised at how fast the time went. I just need to rest and hope I will feel better soon. I postponed my trek for a day so I'm crossing my fingers!!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, Jane! I'm amazed at how quickly the time went! It seems like it was just 2 weeks age that we spoke on the phone in Victoria about your packing and getting ready to go to Nepal. Congratulations on your achievement! It sounds like you received as much as you gave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, TIKA. So NOT a monkey wound after all. How naive of me. (not cultural insensitivity...do not mistake it for that.)

    ReplyDelete