Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sonrisa Orphanage

After coming back from trekking with my guide Bishnu, we planned to meet up again the next day at his orphanage in Kathmandu.  Sonrisa Orphanage Kathmandu

I fell in love with the children instantly!  What an amazing group of kids - so talented and sweet!  They played music and danced for us and it was fantastic to watch.  We only had a little bit of time to spend there with them and I didn't want to leave.

I am planning to spend time at Sonrisa when I return to Nepal next year.  I just heard from Carol-Ann that some of our UBC medical students will split their time between PAHS and Sonrisa when they go to Nepal this summer - so great!

I thought I would share some photos from our short visit of Bishnu and the kids.







1 comment: