Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Swayambhunath...the monkey temple...

This was an older post that I could not post at the time but here it is!

Well, let me start by saying that I ventured out today to see how my stomach and legs were feeling.  With high hopes that I will feel better for the trek.
Next, let me say that I was a bit nervous to go to the "monkey" temple...those of you who read my previous blog will understand.  I know that Olivia, Liam and Ruby got a real kick out of me being attacked by a monkey, but I was afraid it might happen again.  So I wore long pants and hoped for the best.

I am now uncertain why THIS temple is called the monkey temple.  There were a few monkeys there, but I would say not more than 20.  At Pashupatinath Katie and I saw 20 monkeys the moment we arrived.  They were EVERYWHERE!!  THAT should be called the monkey temple.

The monkeys at this temple were very cute!  I saw a baby monkey and his Mom drinking out of a fountain, watched a monkey steal some rice and other offerings from a small temple and took a cute picture of a baby with his family.  For some reason I always think about Olivia and Liam when I see animals in other countries.  It probably started back when I went to Australia and made frames of animals for you two.

It was a great time of day to go to Swayambhunath - just before sunset.  The view of Kathmandu is amazing - we had to climb a lot of stairs to get up there.  I'm glad that I finally made it there.

I am feeling a bit better today – I emailed Bishnu and am really hoping that we can make a shorter trek happen.  I just don’t want to be weak and pathetic...









No comments:

Post a Comment