Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Bangkok, Thailand - brief layover

I arrived late last night in Bangkok after my 4th flight of the day.  I flew ANA (Asiana Airlines) from Tokyo to Bangkok and had heard that they were one of the top airlines in the world.  I was in Business Class again so I was ready for the extraordinary.  It was very nice, but I have to say that Air Canada's pods are much nicer and actually let you sleep!  They lay flat.  The seats were very spacious and I luckily did not have a seat mate so it was nice.  I was most impressed with their beautiful food presentation and how tiny and perfect everything looked!


I arrived in Bangkok and caught the shuttle to the Best Western Amaranth hotel.  The image that comes to mind when you read "Best Western" is not at all what this place is like.  I had stayed here a year and half ago so knew it was really good.




I got to sleep for almost 8 hours and then caught the shuttle back to the airport for my 10:15 am Thai Airways flight into Kathmandu.  It was a brief time in Thailand.  I love it there and will be back for a visit sometime soon, I'm sure!

1 comment: