Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 26, 2012

"How to Talk About Science" conference at UVic

Sadly, I am missing the "How to Talk About Science" conference at UVic that is going on right now!  I helped Dr. Paul Zeht and others plan the conference and then my dates for coming to Nepal were moved up so I had to miss it.  I was supposed to be on the panel represetning "Let's Talk Science" at UVic (as its Director) and meeting all of the people with the same interests as me.

I am teaching medical genetics at a medical school (Patan Academy of Health Sciences - PAHS) here in Nepal.  Communicating science to English as a second language students in a different culture.  Very challenging!

However, because social media and technology are so amazing, I am following all of the action on Twitter via #talksci.  Thanks so much to all of you tweeters who are keeping me up to date on this amazing science communication conference all the way across the globe!

No comments:

Post a Comment