Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Constitution Deadline Passed - no agreement

So midnight last night was the deadline for political parties here in Nepal to agree on a Constitution.  They failed to agree.  The Prime Minister has called an election for November, but who knows what that means in the interim?  I don't know what that means for me here right now.  I woke up early this morning to the sound of multiple gunshots repeatedly and we are outside of Kathmandu, in Patan, where we would expect things to be much more calm.  Oh well, it's a holiday today anyway and I had planned to lay low here in Shalom.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that things will quiet down.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/asia/295312/nepal-calls-fresh-elections-as-statute-talks-fail

I will keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. You're funny, Jane. Multiple repeated gunshots and then "oh well" in the next sentence. Lay low, watch your six and keep moving at all times when in public. Vital advice from your good friend Karen B.

    P.S. Love the pictures. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete