Total Pageviews

Monday, May 21, 2012

Nepal in 3 days!

So I leave in 3 days!  It always creeps up on me so quickly.  I have been hearing from my Nepali colleagues that there is a lot of political unrest in Nepal right now as their constitution deadline approaches on May 28th.  A lot of disruption, political demonstrations and bandhs (strikes).  This will mean that it will be hard for me to get out of the airport and to Patan Hospital and my apartment.  Mainly, this means that I should (and will!) keep away from any large gathering of people of any kind, and exercise caution everywhere I go.  There is no offical travel advisory for Nepal as of today, so I am confident that all will be well.  I registered my passport as a Canadian Abroad and will visit the Canadian Embassy in Kathmandu when I arrive to do the same.  Just in case.  I will leave on Thursday as planned unless anything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment