Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 27, 2012

PBL at PAHS - Batch # 2

I am back in a PBL tutorial watching the 2nd batch of PAHS 1st year students work their way through this case. It's like déjà vu! I guess this is how it is at home too. There are 5 female students and 4 males students, the tutor, Dr. Prasai, a UBC student named Adam and me. The case, "A Bit Late" is the same one as last year. It's a tough one and there is a lot to learn and know. There is that same attitude of 'knowing' everything from the students, even though they clearly do not know. The tutor is asking great questions but the students just give one word answers or use the dictionary for definitions that are far too difficult to understand that way.

Someone has written, "I love being a Republican." on the whiteboard. The political situation here is on everyone's minds. Today is a dangerous day - the last day of protests and demonstrations. Sabita has to rush out after PBL in order to get home at all. She was stuck here until 8 pm the other day due to the situation that is going on here. I'm glad I had a chance to see her. It is great to be back here at PAHS and to see my old friends and colleagues. I have seen Satish, Bibek, Sabita, Shambhu and others already! It feels almost like I have never left. I feel at home here.

We are having a PAHS hosted dinner on Thursday night to thank those people who are leaving for their contribution to the teaching and learning here. It seems as though almost everyone is leaving on or around June 1st!  I will just be getting started my teaching then.

No comments:

Post a Comment