Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Famous person on my plane from Bangkok to Kathmandu

I completely forgot to mention that on my flight from Bangkok to Kathmandu there was definitely someone very famous. I was sitting at the gate and suddenly I could see everyone staring at these men who had come in. Then someone asked to get her photo taken with him, men approached and shook the one main guys hand and then it snowballed. Soon everyone was piling up and getting their photo taken with him! I could not figure out who he was and I tried to ask a few people but their English was not very good. Anyway, I figured I would not be able to figure it out.

When I arrived here in Kathmandu, I contacted Alex, a 4th year IMP student who is in Thamel right now with Adeline doing an elective. We discussed how we might arrange to meet up next week for dinner. She mentioned that she might head over to Patan to go to the zoo so maybe we could meet up there and then. I decided to google the zoo to find out a bit more about it. In the process I read a few posts about the zoo being terrible and that there were many issues with the treatment of the animals. There is conflicting information about this however, and many people say it is a good zoo. Anyway, I was referred to a blog on this same blogspot site that could give me some more information. Who do I find..?

Click the link below to find out more about the comedian duo who speak out for animal rights!


http://awnnepal.blogspot.com/2010/08/comedian-duo-maha-speaks-out-against.html

2 comments:

  1. I went to the Kathmandu Zoo in 1999 at the urging of a young Nepali friend who wanted to show me that nepal had wild animals.
    I have to say it was quite a sad experience, mostly concrete enclosures and bored animals. Perhaps they have improved it by now.

    ReplyDelete