Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Good-bye and Welcome Dinner

What a great evening! I walked over to Patan Hospital to meet Katie and then we met Anil and Liz and Richard at the PAHS car.NAnol drove us down to Kathmandu to a restaurant where we were meeting members of PAHS. It was the very first restaurant that I ever ate it in Kathmandu when I was here in 2008 and I met Arjun here. The name is Royal something or other and they have delicious momos! We ate so much food tonight and it was fantastic.
Shambu, Babu, Satish and Arjun met us there along with a biostatistician from Harvard and a Nepali woman who has lived in Australia until recntly when she moved back to look after her parents. I can't remember their names, sadly.
It was a great meal with great people and then Arjun asked almost everyone - I was spared thankfully - to give a little speech about their experience at PAHS so far. Richard and Liz started and I had the privilege of hearing everyone else speak as well. Many of these people have been involved with ths project since KUMS (Kathmandu University Medical School) so it was fascinating to listen to. I am so tired so I will have to talk about the details later. But I wanted to make sure that I remembered the feeling that was there this evening when everyone spoke about how much all of this means to them. Just great.
I can still hear the cheers in the distance as people continue to watch the India vs. Pakistan cricket match!
Good night!

3 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your posts!! It is great that I get them e-mailed to me - I feel like I am closer to you because I can picture what you are doing right now!
    Sounds great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momos. Seriously? Kyle calls stupid people momos. How amusing. So what does a momo taste like exactly?
    -Hol

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very much like gyoza. They are often chicken or veggie filled here and either deep fried or steamed. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete