Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Random thoughts

I am in Room #5 in Shalom and their Internet wifi access code is five 5s! recently when traveling, the number that kept coming up was 3 - Amy's faourite number. 5 is mine!

I am addicted to Nutella. I brought it with me so I would have a good source of protein for breakfast and something sweet. I basically dream about how long it will be until I can get up and eat it.

I cannot believe how much food in general and how much rice in particular people here eat! And they are so tiny! I ordered dal bhat at lunch today and I swear they served me 3 cups of rice and dal and a side thing of veggies (tarkari) and pickled veggies(achar).


There are sheep out back of the hospital and we think maybe they are used for something by the hospital...

I saw my first cat here in Nepal...at the back of the hospital once again...

I had a chance Skype conversation with my sister Amy (and Fran!) last night! It was so great! Nice to be in touch with home. I'm looking forward to more Skype chats and hopefully with Olivia, Liam and Ruby!

I am finding it hard to get used to there being no toilet paper in washrooms anywhere.

I am sharing an office with Prasil. Thanks to him for having me right after Richard moved out!

I am still addicted to Nutella. I have to ration it because I realize that if and when I finish it, there will not be anymore here!

2 comments:

  1. I am enjoying your posts and am glad you are enjoying your time there!! Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully share the nutella addiction!! yum!! :)

    ReplyDelete